Faith, Formation, & Liturgy
South City Catholic Academy gently seeks to enrich the spiritual growth of the student body and school community through the teachings of the Catholic Church, through meaningful prayer and worship, and by uniquely living our lives as taught to us through the teachings of Jesus Christ and each grade level Charism. The Director of Faith Formation & Liturgy collaborates and partners with the faculty and staff to infuse their curricula with opportunities for our students to develop a strong spiritual inner strength as they continue their journey toward love of God, love of self, and love for one another. South City Catholic Academy has a commitment to educate the four core virtues of the academy; respect, responsibility, kindness, and self-control. These virtues are lovingly embraced in our every thought, word and deed.
Each school day begins at 7:50 am where we gather as a school community in morning prayer. It is here that students pause to thank God for His goodness and for all the gifts and talents that fill this academy, and to prepare to joyfully share all of this throughout the day.
The academy celebrates the following spiritual events at nearby St. Joan of Arc Catholic Church. The school community attends:
· 8:00 am Weekly Wednesday All School Masses
· 10:00 am Weekly Grade Level Masses
· First Sunday of the month, 10:00 am Mass at Our Lady of Sorrows Catholic Church
· Feast days, holy days of obligation (when in session), rosaries, stations of the cross
· First Wednesday Eucharistic Exposition and Adoration (following the All School Mass)
· Sacrament of Reconciliation during Advent and Lent
· Student-led prayer services
· Grade-level retreats
Our community welcomes our South City Catholic Academy families to join us in prayer and worship as their schedule permits. Please continue to check the calendar throughout the school year.